Jersey Action Riders
 About Us
The Jersey Action Riders Mountain Bike Club (JAR) is a social and recreational mountain bike club based in southern New Jersey. Founded in May of 1997, JAR is an International Mountain Bicycling Association(IMBA) affiliated club and a founding chapter of the Jersey Off-Road Bicycle Association(JORBA). JAR is a part of a growing JORBA community which provides networking for riders to find new places to ride and new people to ride with. We participate in local trail maintenance programs, advocacy on local, national and international mountain biking issues, and most importantly ride all year round. JAR has hosted hundreds of group rides, offered monthly free beginner clinics since 2000, and numerous trail building programs.
JAR was the foundation of the Delaware Valley Mountain Bike Patrol, a National Mountain Bike Patrol group, who in 2000, began NMBP patrols and mountain bike advocacy in the Fairmount Park Commission's Wissahickon Valley Park. The JAR and DVMBP was not only able to stave off an effort to ban bikes through hours of volunteer patrolling and trail maintenance, but garned the support of both the FPC and the Friends of the Wissahickon to gain approval to hold the first ever mass mountain bike event in 2005. Hundreds of local offroad bicycling enthusiasts came out to participate in the 1st Annual Wissahickon Poker Run which raised money to support the DVMBP Bike Patrol and the Friends of the Wissahickon. Ultimately, JAR/DVMBP worked with IMBA to develop a Philadelphia based advocacy organization to continue the strong stewardship. Hence, the Philadelphia Mountain Bike Association was formed, allowing JAR to focus on advocacy needs in New Jersey.
During 2006, REI contacted JAR about a request from Wharton State Forest looking for a group to develop bike trails. JAR quickly took WSF up on the offer and began working on the planning and building of a new trail system. From this project, the Wharton Trail Users chapter was born to continue the maintenance and development of the Wharton trail project.
In 2011, JAR is focusing on the development of the Kresson Trails in Cherry Hill, NJ. The first phase is complete and the new trails have been adopted by the Cherry Hill Township. The second phase to expand the trail system is planned to begin in the Fall of 2011.
 JAR Community
 News Forums
Check the JAR News forumfor JAR quick news.
 Trail Work Forums
Check the JAR TM forum for JAR trail maintenance dates and information.
We are currently completing the Kresson Trails located on Kresson Road in Cherry Hill, NJ. Next trail maintenance session is on Saturday, May 7th at 9:00 a.m.
 Ride Calendar
See all the scheduled rides and events in NJ on the JORBA calendar
 JAR Yahoo Group
Get in the loop for all the quick impromptu rides in the area! Join the JAR bulletin board at sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/JAR
 Bunny Hugs is Back
Become a JORBA member today!
 Group Ride Policy
Check for local rides on the JORBA Event Calendar.
Local Ride Guidelines
- Each rider must be over 18 years old.
- Each rider assumes his/her own risk on all rides.
- Always obey IMBA Rules of the Trail and ride in a safe manner, obeying all traffic laws.
- The wearing of a helmet (ANSI or SNELL approved) is required on all rides.
- The times listed are the desired starting times. Please arrive fifteen minutes early and be prepared to leave on time.
- Make sure your bike is in proper working order before you arrive.
- On every ride, you must carry a: spare tube, patch kit, pump, chain breaker, water bottle and a form of ID with emergency information.
- On night rides, bring your lights with a fully charged battery and a small penlight for emergencies.
- Bring your Fairmount Park Trail User Permit when riding in the Wissahickon Valley Park and Pennypack Park.
- Always notify a group member when leaving the group.
- Upon inclement weather, or inappropriate trail conditions, we will schedule an alternative Sunday ride in Wharton SF. Check the group site for updates. We will try to post the updates by 8:00 p.m. the night before a scheduled ride.